View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014   #324
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
At the time the conversation was "no one" was worth that kind of money. Which is what I believed then, & believe today.

So..... how much would you offer Jj Watt?
I was against re-signing Mario because I thought he would get a 90 million dollar offer, and didn't think he was worth it. However, just because Mario wasn't worth 16 million per year, doesn't mean no one can be.

JJ Watt is the face of the franchise, the best defensive player in the NFL 2 years in a row, only 25 years old, and I think he would be worth 16m APY if he asked for that much. I don't think he will cost that much, but it wouldn't be completely crazy to pay him that. I'd guess he winds up costing about 14 million APY (5 years 70m), but if they spread out the signing bonus over his 5th year of his rookie deal, they can reduce the future cap hit a little.