View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014   #12
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New proposed nfl rules changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not going to lie, I like it. The wildcard weekend is when the end of the season realization hits, mainly that Sunday night. Give us a couple of extra playoff games that weekend. It is the part of the season I live for as a football fan.

And like Dutch mentioned, it makes the top seeds continue to play hard in weeks 16/17 instead of resting players. They have a reason to win if it is for the only bye.
Agreed - a playoff weekend that has two Saturday games, two Sunday games, and either two Monday night games or a Friday night (no HS football to worry about) and a Monday night game would be fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Additionally, other than any years where the Texans (or Chiefs) end up as the #2 seed, I like the idea that they're making the top seed even more valuable than it already is. I don't think I'd ever want them to make it a 16 team playoff, but as long as less than half of the teams get in, I like the idea.