View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014   #313
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So be it. I've drawn my line in the sand. I put a dollar amount on what I'm willing to pay Jj Watt. Anything more than that, to me is overpaying & a mistake. If the Texans want to make that mistake, nothing I say is going to change that.

Like I said to start, what's the point of having leverage if you're not going to use it?
What's the point of drafting the best defensive player in the league if you're not prepared to pay him like it? You gonna trade him because he refuses to be low balled?

It doesn't matter if Mario's contract is ridiculous. Watt is a better player than Mario and his representation will be looking to be compensated in a similar manner. $12 mil a year is a slap in the face. The franchise tag for a DE is $13.1 mil.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote