View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is a scouting report on Hali.
Quote:
Positives: Has a relentless motor and explosive quickness in pursuit Shows good leg drive and lower body strength to plant, drive and redirect with no loss of acceleration Has a sudden burst into the backfield and can slip off an offensive tackle's outside shoulder with his quickness off the edge Shows the valid speed to pursue ballcarriers into the second level Stays low in his pads to slip past some trash All-out hustler who plays until the whistle Solid wrap-up tackler who takes good angles in pursuit and uses his hands well to lock on, drag down and make the hit Has a good understanding of blocking schemes and is an explosive hitter when he beats a block Has the long arms needed to reach out, lock on and get a piece of the ballcarriers when chasing along the perimeter.

Negatives: Lacks ideal size and his frame is at maximum growth potential Does not have the upper body strength to stack and control

Tell me that doesn't sound like they are describing Donald. Minus a few of the negatives.
Biggest difference to me is that Donald is an inside player. I think there should be some drop off when you're taking a DE & converting him to OLB, even if he'll be primarily rushing the QB.

There should definitely be a hit when converting a guy from DT to OLB.