View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014   #56
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

quick cut to the chase - from a source bout close as I can find to OB both in New England & Penn State.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...bortles_i.html

Quote:
1. Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida: Of all the quality attributes Bortles has — size, athleticism, arm strength — familiarity is his biggest asset to the Texans. O’Brien’s mentor, George O’Leary, tutored Bortles at UCF, and together they soundly beat O'Brien's Penn State team last season. Bortles’ flaws are largely correctable, which fit right in with O’Brien’s strengths as a coach. Bortles has Pro Bowl potential with that kind of tutelage.
guess this would count as chatter/rumors/news

damn you Texain.

anyway Bortles is currently graded as #5 prospect overall & 2nd QB after Bridgewater according to NFLDRAFTSCOUT. 6-5 232

actaully I see that he has Savage graded just ahead of Mathews, 13th & 16th QB's respectively, so should have reversed the arrows. Savage is 6-4 228 Mathews 6-4 223. Both posses the frame, intelligence & arm OB likes. Just saying those last two may go sooner than expected & that the Texans will be the ones pulling the trigger. As for Bortles, Smith has to prove his mettle & maximize the #1 overall selection value, so I'm thinking a trade down with Cleveland, Oakland or Atlanta may be in the offing.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote