View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #310
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am saying $10 is an insult, $12 is not going to happen and going all Trump on him with refusing to increase as the market rises is a recipe for failure so pass the brownies if you think that is going to work.
I'm offering a bigger signing bonus than Mario got, I'm offering more guaranteed money than Mario got. I'm willing to guarantee him $37M (heck, I'll make it an even $40M), I'm offering an average salary of $12M, I can start putting that money in his pocket today.

He can say no. That's his prerogative. Instead of putting $25M in his mattress, or he can take his $120K game check to the bank each week. If he gets hurt & is no longer the player he is now...... he may not get such a deal in the future. If the NFL "catches up" to him & his production declines... he may not get such a deal in the future.

I'm making it pretty clear my ceiling is $12M/yr, if he turns it down now, he'll turn it down at the end of the 2015 season. I'd much rather trade him before the 2015 season before I pay him more than $12M/yr. There will more than likely be a line of teams who'd be more than happy to pay him more than that.

I'm banking on it. Especially if we draft Clowney.