View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quarterback Ball Velocity at NFL Combine 2008-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Velocity can certianly change, but over trying in velocity based events typically leads to a reduction in performance.
I don't think we are actually disagreeing. If so, it is on whether the QBs have entered the over trying zone on these velocity measurements. Maybe some have but I don't think that is generally the case.

To me this is akin to Spinal Tap. I'm talking about turning the amp up from 8 to 10 (with 8 being the most accurate setting) and you are talking about trying to turn it to 11.