View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #139
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
So do you think the best way to get out of the cap he** Slick Rick put the team into is to bite the bullet and cut the dead weight even if it means the team might stink next yr?

Personally for the long term good I think that might be the way to go.

Cut dead weight draft a 4th rd CB/sign a vet min guy like Mathis for example.
I think we're in cap hell if we don't expect our paid players to perform up to their cap hit.

Schaub..... no brainer. I don't believe Schaub's mother thinks we should take a $14M cap hit for him.

Andre.... I love the guy, he should retire a Texan, but no one is worth $15M but an elite QB.

Johnathan Joseph... he hasn't been worth $11M in 2 of the last three years. He needs to take a paycut (imo), renegotiate, or try to peddle his wares elsewhere. We gain $3.7M to cut him, I'd rather ask him to take a $5M paycut.

Duane Brown.... didn't perform like an elite LT last season. $8M is very good LT money. I reasonably expect him to earn that money in 2014, but I'm not against drafting an OT in the first round to put him on notice.

Arian Foster.... I expect him to earn his $8M & then some. He's due.

Chris Myers... I expect him to earn every bit of $7M

Owen Daniels.... turns 32 in November, coming off a broken leg.... Tony Gonzales only cost the Chiefs $5.3M last year, Owens going to hit us for $6.2M

Daniel Manning.... I don't like it, but I'd rather bring him back for $6M than try to find someone with his work ethic & leadership skills. But it's a gamble.

Yeah... I can see "cap hell" but I don't think it's about mismanaging the cap, it's more like hitting snake eyes on every roll of the dice.