View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #42
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
Quote:
Even so, Savage was happy with his Pro Day performance. Met with HCs Chip Kelly & Bill O'Brien after his workout.

.@GoPittFootball QB Tom Savage only had 1 WR (Devin Street) for Pro Day. One WR couldn't go because of bad wrist; No other options available
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
O'Brien at Pitt watching QB Tom Savage
Kevin Weidl ‏@KevinW_ESPN
Quote:
Heard Donald sat on his combine #'s at Pitt's pro day. No surprise. Savage threw well. Impressive arm strength/accuracy, in cold conditions.
Gil Brandt highlighted Savage's arm at the Combine.

2014 Pro Days: Pittsburgh DT Donald continues climb
Quote:
Bill O'Brien of the Houston Texans made Pitt his first pro day stop as an NFL head coach. Four quarterbacks coaches and Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly were also in attendance according to Pitt's Sports Information Department.
Quarterback Tom Savage, who could be a late-round riser, went through a scripted workout of 100 passes. Savage (6-4, 228), has the arm strength to be at least a quality backup.

A two-time transfer, Savage said he patiently explains to scouts that his travels should not be a red flag. But his limited experience against FBS defenses do complicate Savage's evaluation. Savage, who also attended Rutgers and Arizona, said it doesn't have to be a negative.

"I've been in three different systems, probably four or five different offensive coordinators. I don't even know anymore I've been to so many schools," Savage said. "You kind of have to pick it up on the run. You have to learn on your own. At Pittsburgh, I had to walk on and earn my spot. I had to pick up the offense and learn it by myself. Being ineligible you can't offer to much to the team. You really have to grind in the film room and pick it up on your own, kind of like the NFL will be. There will be veterans that know the playbook. They're not going to slow down for some rookie."

Last edited by Playoffs; 03-03-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote