View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #134
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This would be a lot more persuasive if you weren't adding facts of your own creation and ignoring facts which were included in your article. It does not say vet minimum - you added that. It does say he has a reputation for not being committed to football according to a former teammate who says that is the problem - you ignore that. He has also now been presented with the perfect opportunity to come out if he is gay and continues to deny it when arguably it would now be to his benefit.
I said peanuts with regards to Cardinals. The Cardinals asked him to take a paycut from his scheduled $5.5 million owed salary to $3 million after posting probably the best year of his career and therefore ending his career on a reduced salary. This happens every year and guys say no and find other deals (Jennings, Welker are the first 2 I can think of from last year).

I thought that I read he was offered 1 deal after all this for the vet minimum and he declined it based on the fact that he felt he was worth more. PFF had him rated as the #4 safety in 2012. I remembered wrong looking back, it was an article talking about how teams only had to offer him the vet minimum to acquire his skills. If you want to not believe any of it based me typing that wrong that's fine though, I will survive with whatever decision you or anyone else makes.

Perfect opportunity to come out? LOL, working real well for Michael Sam. People were looking for an excuse to make the guy undrafted and guess what... they found it, but it wasn't about what he could or could not do on the football field.

I will leave this alone, but to imply I am intentionally making things up is untrue. I'm sure we can all nit pick subtle details in many posts on here. Regardless, Think whatever you want, it is your right and I respect that, but there are always 2 sides to every story, take the teammates, that's fine with me.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interest-now/

Quote:
If the Cardinals truly deemed him to be worthy of a one-year, $3 million contract in March, why would no one offer him anything in May, June, July, August, or September?

Coincidentally, the rumors regarding Rhodes’ sexuality hit the Internet in April.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote