View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #124
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Could you designate JoJo as a post June 1st cut and go ahead and cut Schaub. Then have the FA $$$$ from both of their contracts? Although the savings from Schaub would only be about 2 mil instead of 4 mil.

How much cap room would designating JoJo as a June 1st cut give the Texans to spend in FA compared to doing the Same with Schaub? I'm not a cap kinda guy.
Dead money.

Schaub (2014 cap hit - $14.125, 2015 - $17): straight cut $10.5 2014, June 1st cut $3.5 mil 2014 and $7 mil 2015

JJo (2014 cap hit - $11.25, 2015 - $12.25): straight cut $7.5 2014, June 1st cut $3.75 mil 2014 and $3.75 mil 2015

But remember, cutting JJo to get Orakpo doesn't get you another starting CB so you need money for that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Don't know about PFF rankings but JoJO wasn't in my top 25 CB rankings. I thought Mathis played just as well as JoJo last yr.
And your penchant for hyperbole just ran amuck.

Edit - sorry, thought you were talking McCain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
Cut JoJo today save $3.75m towards the cap, take on $7.5m in dead money.
Cut JoJo today with June 1 designation save $3.75m towards the cap, take on $3.75m in dead money in 2014 and $3.75m in dead money in 2015.
No. If he is a June 1st cut, it would make $7.375 cap space in 2014.