View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #123
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17470 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Could you designate JoJo as a post June 1st cut and go ahead and cut Schaub. Then have the FA $$$$ from both of their contracts? Although the savings from Schaub would only be about 2 mil instead of 4 mil.

How much cap room would designating JoJo as a June 1st cut give the Texans to spend in FA compared to doing the Same with Schaub? I'm not a cap kinda guy.
Cut JoJo today save $3.75m towards the cap, take on $7.5m in dead money.
Cut JoJo today with June 1 designation save (I think) $7.5m towards the cap, take on $3.75m dead money in 2014 and $3.75m dead money in 2015.

Not much difference just depends how you want to take on the dead money. But honestly I don't see him going anywhere for 2014. Maybe a pay cut but I doubt it. I just hope they don't extend him to lower the cap hit now. Just let him play out his contract, or at least play out 2014 then release next offseason.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote