View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014   #127
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not sure how you think that article supports he's blacklisted. He was offered and turned down a contract. He clearly is not willing to play for vet minimum.
He was offered a deal for peanuts after he balled out continuously the years previous. If it's your last deal of your career and you KNOW you're worth more than peanuts you will always try to test the market. It's weird that not one team offered more than the vet minimum though. This will be a 30 for 30 story on ESPN within 10 years, I would be willing to bet on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Demarcus Ware will get closer to Mario money.
Absolutely not. It won't be close. Age and upside play huge roles in contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
You always have to be aware of what peyton can do to make wrs look better. Not saying decker can't be good,but he's a #2. The texans have a 1 and a 2. If they feel like aj's replacement isn't on the roster,they can draft a wr in the 1st 3rds.
I agree. I would never pursue a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady FA WR. Look at Brandon Stokely for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Any good RTs available?
http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php...n=RT&Year=2014

Older LTs that don't have the market they think often can be converted to right:

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php...n=LT&Year=2014

I'd definitely be down with pursuing one of these guys. I especially like the idea of signing Oher to a short term deal where he has to prove he still he has it while having other RTs on the team compete (Williams).

Oher is only 27 so it's not like his best football is behind him. He was just overrated because a movie was made about him. When the movie was released he wasn't even graded that high on PFF lists from what I remember, just a feel good story.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote