View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texian's POST COMBINE Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
1-1. Blake Bortles - QB, UCF
2-1. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - TE, Washington
3-1. Donte' Moncrief - WR, Ole Miss
4-1. Billy Turner - OT, NDSU

At this point you're probably thinking this is an early Offense heavy draft. Yes it is. There are two reasons for that. 1. The players picked fit the BPA. 2. This would allow Blake Bortles -QB, DeAndre Hopkins - WR, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - TE and Donte' Moncrief - WR the opportunity to practice, play and spend as much time together as possible, learning and executing the new Bill O'Brien offense. More Time = Better execution.

Also of note, I am one who DOES NOT think the current Texans Team is a Super Bowl contender.

5-1. Caraun Reid - DT, Princeton
5-Comp. (Connor Barwin) Philip Gaines - CB, Rice
6-1. DeAndre Coleman - DT, California
7-1. Avery Williamson - ILB, Kentucky
I'll take it.

I think this draft should be extremely offense heavy. If QB is truly the most important position on the field & if this is truly a QB driven league, then it is imperative that we do everything possible to help our new QB be successful.

I would take the best OT in the draft with our first pick, mainly because I believe we can get the best QB in this class in the 2nd. You obviously think Bortles is the best QB in this class & though I don't think he's a #1 overall prospect, I understand he's your guy & you won't get him in the 2nd. Maybe not outside the top 5.

I hope you are right about Billy Turner. It's totally possible.