View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014   #108
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

JJo has had a couple of years of multiple injuries and surgeries, and decreased performance. I like JJo, and he, surprising to me, scored a respectable 6.5+ at ProFootballFocus last year.........before his season ending injury. Not much was revealed about the injury. I was able to determine that he had sustained a torn ligament in a toe and underwent surgical repair. Important in this, the only toe that you would typically consider operating on would be a Turf Toe...........a grade III Turf Toe which reflects very severe damage to the toe. Despite the very debilitating nature of the injury ,very few turf toes ever will go on to surgery.

Rehab from this surgery does not allow return to play short of 4 months. But players will almost universally complain of restricting pain for 1 year. And with time, the joint almost inevitably becomes stiff and arthritic.

Keeping all of this in mind, OB will not be able to evaluate JJo and expect any truly useful information as to how his performance will have been affected by his recent surgery for a long time to come.........certainly not before the draft and doubtfully by the June 1 cut date.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote