Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014   #2643
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I understand that you resist change, but that offense was no High School offense. Better get used to it because it's the future of the NFL.
I don't resist change. I'm very open to change. But change just for the sake of something different is ridiculous. If you can't win with your arm you can't be a successful QB in the NFL, regardless of how exciting you are as a runner.

And yes, it is a high school offense. It is an extremely simplistic offense that takes all the pressure off of the players and puts all the on field decisions on the coaches. It won't fly in the NFL because coaches don't want to babysit their players. The players should be advanced enough to be trusted to make their own reads and decisions. Even if someone did try it NFL defenses would eat this scheme alive the same way that LSU did (ironically the college defense that that is most similar to the NFL model, and the one that shut JFF down twice).

Is it the future of the NFL like the zone read was for one year? Or like the wildcat was for one year?...