View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: National Football Post Mock Drafts 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Tom Brady is proof positive that there is no test or way to measure intelligence, determination, work ethic, or that all important IT factor that everyone looks for. Or it proves that 32 teams coaches, scouts, GM's, etc... were all idiots.

I still think Bortles is a project, he MIGHT become great one day but for now he's a project. The same can be said about JFF.
One thing we can feel good about is that Bill O'Brian who worked & helped develop Tom Brady is here in Houston. Whether he see's a little of Tom in Blake or not? well that would be private, for now, but there are plenty who can see at least some correlation otherwise why stamp your reputation & livelihood on it (we really have nothing to lose here do we)?

I really don't think Tom ever developed the same athletic ability that Bortles has coming in, so that is nothing but positive & today's NFL requires more mobility, it just does. Arm strength also favors Blake coming into the NFL. Bill has already mentioned his intelligence & understanding for the game so you can cross that one off your list. I've already stated, watching him during the combine he did not wow me in any way shape or form, but he showed up. He was competitive. Showed work ethic & determination so to those points as well, null & void.

This a combination pick of O'Brian w/Bortles. Tied to the hip just like I stated for years Kubiak was tied to Schaub, except this time, it should work, least that's what most of us are hoping

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote