Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014   #2678
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

With all Houston Sports teams (with regards to trades and draft picks), they always seem to focus the flood light in one direction drawing all attention over there while there is secret back door deals going on at the other side of the parking lot.

Mario Williams, Merciless, JJ Watt, James Harden, etc.

They keep things close to the vest in this city and love to keep everyone guessing. Too many flood lights have been on JFF and Clowney so now I don't believe there is a chance.
Yep, and this is why I believe more each day that Teddy Bridgewater will be our pick at 1.1 when its all said an done.

I mean the guy has been in the conversation for first overall QB in the 2014 for over a year...and there is a reason why.

Manziel didn't catapult into the first overall discussion until that crazy comeback win against Duke. That single game really started a big upward trend for his draft stock. If you look back into early December mock drafts, most projected him as a late first, early second round pick.

Same for Bortles. Throughout the season you never heard his name mentioned as a candidate for a high first round pick. And then his team beats Baylor in the BCS bowl game and he instantly becomes a favorite for our first overall pick. I mean really, does that make any sense? Bortles didn't even throw the ball that well against Baylor, and did most of his damage on the ground via the read option.

Every time I see a piece that seems to attempt to persuade me in one players direction, I really just start thinking the opposite.