View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014   #47
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Smith, QB - Wyoming

Quote:
He doesn’t have a cannon, but his arm is good enough. His mechanics are good and he has a quick release. I did notice that his release is not the same with every throw. Also, he will not consistently set his feet before he throws. When he shows proper footwork, the ball comes out nicely.
I don't see what these guys are looking at. I watched the Nebraska game and the 2012 UT game, and Smith's arm is nowhere near NFL caliber. It looks like he's throwing a jump pass most of the time. I don't get the Manziel comparisons at all. More like a right-handed, poor man's Kellen Moore. Smith does not look like any NFL QB I'm familiar with. I see his ceiling as the CFL, floor as the Arena league.