View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014   #97
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73103 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Top 5 by Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For any of these guys, I think if you get him with a Kubiak, Shanahan, Mike Martz, Josh McDaniels, Mike McCoy... or hopefully Bill O"Brien I think they will do very well..... good Schaub would be their floor..... jmo. It's up to them to bring the playmaking ability with them.

I like the Mettenberger, Murray, & McCarrons better because watching them I see them hang in the pocket & work their system more than the other guys. Even Bridgewater. These guys pump fake, throw back shoulder, look off safeties, & take hits in the pocket as they throw a fairly accurate ball.

Murray & McCarron, I think are the most NFL ready. May not be the most athletic, don't have a lot of wow. Mettenberger & Bridgewater are probably next on my list. Then Fales & Bortles.

Manziel is totally different..... on a scale all his own, more like Vick, Newton, & Young. Mostly wow. He doesn't have the arm those three had & he doesn't have the size of Newton & Young, or the speed of Vick (or Newton).
To each their own. I am a fan of guys who are "pro ready", as they require less projection and mental work to adapt to the pros. But you still need to have the physical skill set, which I think Murray lacks.

I think Bridgewater and Murray are the two most mentally pro ready passers in this draft. If O'Brien picked Murray I would be ecstatic, as it would show that he believes Murray has the necessary physical skills.

McCarron played in a pro system but he was so protected that it's hard to project his skills. He barely had to do anything, not necessarily because he can't but he certainly wasn't asked to.

Mettenberger played in Cameron's offense and made great strides this year, but it was only his first year in that system. He still has a long way to go mentally.

I want no part of Manziel. He may end up great but his flaws are gargantuan to me and not worth the risk.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote