View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014   #89
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Top 5 by Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
To be fair, All of Murray's WR's and RB's got hurt. Because of this Murray's timing was off against Vandy. He flat out stunk against S.Carolina. But when you compare Nurray's body of work against every other QB in this draft. Murray hold up as well as any QB in this draft. IMHO Whether Murray's game translates well to the NFL is the question. I think he has a chance to be as good as Schaub was in 2009 and in my mind that's good enough to win a SB. How many/of the QB's in this draft have a chance to be as good as 2009 Scaub. 1 probably be better but I wouldn't bet on any of them.
That's a fair assessment. I agree that his mental makeup translates to the pros very well, which is why I think he will have a long NFL career.

Where we disagree is that I do not think that his physical skill set translates very well.

I think he would make a great backup because he could probably learn the intricacies of any system fairly quickly, he has the necessary skills to come into the game in a pinch if need be, but I don't believe he is talented enough to be a starting QB. I would be all for giving him a shot to prove me wrong. He seems like the kind of guy who would put more than his fair share of the work in, but I think his ceiling lies somewhere below good Schaub and above Keenum's.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote