View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014   #44
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Smith, QB - Wyoming

tweets read bottom(oldest)-to-top

Matt Waldman ‏@MattWaldman
Quote:
I wonder if the same "bean-counter" tendency that befalls some evaluators victimized Smith in the way playing in SEC somewhat protected JM.

Brett Smith's intermediate range, pinpoint accuracy, and willingness to put it into tight windows is as good as anyone in this class.

I've seen enough to say that I know he can drive the ball and gain a little more velocity on deeper throws.

I've been waiting to say more about Smith until I saw a few more games because the Nebraska one wasn't enough.

Agree. RT @MikelSevere: @MattWaldman Love his pocket mobility, he moves in the pocket and finds windows to throw as good as anyone.

Brett Smith made some errors in the Texas game that were egregious, but the athleticism was even more apparent in that contest.

Although QB Brett Smith's game vs. Nebraska was his "big deal" moment. I was even more impressed with his Texas gm as a sophomore.

Quote:
Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
Quote:
@MattWaldman He was a junior, so that's why no All-Star Games, but absolutely perplexing how he didn't receive a Combine invite. Stupid.
If QB Brett Smith played at LSU or Georgia he'd be a household name. I agree w/a lot of what @Ryan_Riddle wrote in his BR piece.

Count me among those who don't understand why Wyoming QB Brett Smith wasn't at the Combine or an all-star game.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote