View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #88
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Top 5 by Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Murray has plenty of arm strength in the sense that he can throw the ball far, what I mean is that I don't think his ball has enough zip on it. To me, it doesn't seem to get to it's destination quickly enough.

I respect his preparation but I think he is a very poor improviser. He makes good checks at the line, but if his first read is covered he seems to take forever to find the next one.

He has good feet in the pocket but he panics under pressure.

I think a lot of his issues can be worked with, but I still feel that his ceiling is that of a NFL backup.
To be fair, All of Murray's WR's and RB's got hurt. Because of this Murray's timing was off against Vandy. He flat out stunk against S.Carolina. But when you compare Nurray's body of work against every other QB in this draft. Murray hold up as well as any QB in this draft. IMHO Whether Murray's game translates well to the NFL is the question. I think he has a chance to be as good as Schaub was in 2009 and in my mind that's good enough to win a SB. How many/of the QB's in this draft have a chance to be as good as 2009 Scaub. 1 probably be better but I wouldn't bet on any of them.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote