View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #87
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Top 5 by Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I really respect your evals. It amazes me we can look at the same player and come to different observations. I see Murray as having a well above avg arm. A good mind for the game and the ability to uses his feet in the pocket to buy time and still be good enough to run for a 1st down on 3rd and 3. His biggest knocks are he didn't come up big in big games and he's short.

BTW, Jim Miller agrees with me on Murray's arm strength and he said he has seen a lot of Murray's tape in addition to seeing Murray in person.
Murray has plenty of arm strength in the sense that he can throw the ball far, what I mean is that I don't think his ball has enough zip on it. To me, it doesn't seem to get to it's destination quickly enough.

I respect his preparation but I think he is a very poor improviser. He makes good checks at the line, but if his first read is covered he seems to take forever to find the next one.

He has good feet in the pocket but he panics under pressure.

I think a lot of his issues can be worked with, but I still feel that his ceiling is that of a NFL backup.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote