View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #84
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's Top 5 by Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
Murray graded as a 4th rounder is interesting??
is that mainly for the injury or something else? considering that z.mett is 2nd round
My thoughts on Murray from a different thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Murray does a lot of things well but he doesn't do anything great. To me, he fits in the Colt McCoy/Kirk Cousins/Matt Barkley department as far as physical skills go. I see a NFL backup QB. He seems intelligent, but not intelligent enough to make up for his physical limitations at the next level.

I don't like his size. His arm is meh. It's good enough for the NFL but what he lacks in arm strength he doesn't make up for anywhere else. He gets a lot of passes batted down at the line. He needs a clean pocket for any throw longer than 15 yards. He's accurate but not amazingly accurate. His ball gets where it's going but there is no zip. He plays in a pro style offense and makes good pre snap reads but takes way too long going through his progressions if his first guy is covered.

He has good mechanics. He has a smooth delivery, a quick release, and good footwork. He has good enough feet to avoid the rush and buy time. By all accounts he is a great leader and a film junkie. He didn't put any absolutely terrible games on tape this year but his performance against Vanderbilt was not pretty. His games last year against South Carolina and Florida were pathetically bad.

I have a 4th round grade on him. I think he is mentally and physically capable of being an effective backup QB, especially in a west coast system. I would not want him to be my starter. He appears to have a very high floor but a very low ceiling. He just looks average to me.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote