View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #1995
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
error on my part. what I meant to say is a 1/10th (not 100th) of sec is on avg equivalent to approximately a half step to a full step faster. A full step is on avg approx. 4+ yds. The video shows Clowney approx 3-4 yds ahead of Manziel at the finish line, a step, step and half ahead. Of course there are variables of how fast someone is running and how long their stride is, some of the taller runners cover the 40 yds in only 20 steps or at 6 yds a clip. For a basic general comparison a 4.5 vs a 4.6 is a half step to a step faster.
4+ yards is 12+ feet. Absolutely not taken in a full step or single stride. A sprinters stride at best is going to be around 3 feet. This article points more towards 30 inches (2.5 feet) based on a 6' tall man. Just look at yourself and pretend you are sprinting. Are your strides 12 feet apart or closer to 3 (1 yard)?

I think you were trying to say feet the whole time. Regardless, Bortles is not a 'half step' slower than Luck.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/43...th-in-running/
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote