Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #197
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post

What I am starting to see from people in this board is riding of the fence though. You can't play both sides when it comes to opinions and debates. I think AJ will fail in the NFL, I don't see a future for him. I don't think he can hold the towels for the top 3 guys. I don't think he will be drafted until day 3. No wavering, I've stood firm since the beginning and never came off my stance, because I believed what my eyes and brain told me. When I'm right you will know it, if I am wrong I will own it.
Well I'm not riding the fence. I have no idea which one of these QBs will have a long successful career in the NFL. I believe there are 6 who might & have the ability to start sooner, rather than later.

I think it has more to do with the team than the player. None of these guys will elevate Cleveland, or Jacksonville, or Buffalo to relevance. None of them are going to beat Drew Brees, or Tom Brady out of a job. So if McCarron goes to a QB blackhole & fail, or becomes the backup for Rodgers, Rivers, or Manning & never see the field, don't come rubbing it in my face.

But if OB is who we think he is & we fix this team, where it needs to be fixed, or just plug up the dam a bit... any of these guys can improve the position & get us back on the right track.

If it were me, I'd pass on QB in the 1st round & take McCarron in the second. But I have no delusions & understand he may not be drafted at all. & even if "they" were talking about McCarron as one of the top three, I would not be suggesting we take him with 1-1..... I'd pass on him & take the one I like most of the 3 remaining from my list in the second (which would probably be Murray). That's how much I don't have "my guy" with these QBs.