View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #1987
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Speaking of missing ....you do know that herd mentality and group think is generally wrong don't you?

I'm just thinking and projecting in much the same way Bill Walsh and Bill Belichick did when they drafted Joe Montana and Tom Brady respectively.
That's a copout...The one trademark the Bill's had/have in common was that their draft philosophy was/is fluid. They never went in looking for a specific position, they went in looking for football players that contribute to the team, rather than just collecting talented guys who don't really fit.

& you need to go brush up on their philosophies bud....He was reasonable with his projection of potential about Brady..which is why he waited as long as he did to draft him. You seem to using pie in the sky projections for Bortles' potential based on a few comeback drives.

"Belichick stated plainly that Brady was not a phenomenal athlete by any stretch of the imagination, and the fact that he was not a full-time starter in his senior year at Michigan was enough to give him pause."

"The thing with Brady was really the traits: his work ethic, his intelligence, his decision-making," Belichick said. "I think a lot of the draft process is [about] not where the player is right now, but where the player will be a year from now, or where he'll be two calendar years from now.

"I don't think I've ever seen a player improve as much as Tom did. That's certainly a big credit to his work ethic and his determination."

http://nesn.com/2010/04/bill-belichi...ork-interview/

Sounds like he's describing Teddy to me....:shrugs:
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote