View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg Peshek: Sack Study 1.0

As with all of Greg's stuff, gotta read it to get the context.

Peshek: Sack Study 1.0
Quote:
Outside of quarterbacks, pass rushers provide the largest wealth of data in regards to play metrics. Given the importance of pass rushers it’s a real boon that we’re able to extrapolate so much from on the field play. In this piece I’ve analyzed every sack and broken down into its component parts to see how and why it came about. This can gives us a feeling for each pass rushers’ strengths and potential weaknesses.

These are charted from the 2013 game-play and every sack for each player. I weeded out some sacks that were misattributed or were accumulated by overzealous stats-keepers (forced throwaways, etc). In this study, I’ve included Jadeveon Clowney’s 2012 and 2013 seasons. His 2013 season only consisted of 3 sacks, but I couldn’t leave out a top 5 draft pick. Take a look at his 2013 numbers, but realize that small sample size is in play here. Of course these numbers aren’t meant to be predictive, but rather to complement what you see on film...

read more: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...-sack-study-10

Greg Peshek ‏@NU_Gap
Quote:
I had to leave two guys out of the study for sake of brevity. Chris Smith's sack time was 4.18 seconds and Jackson Jeffcoat's was 3.97
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote