View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #28
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 22903 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan's 7 round draft w/ Cleveland trade

I've been constantly rethinking this. The latest development (now a week and a half old) is that Cleveland fired Lombardi as GM and hired Farmer. Lombardi was the one really enamored with Manziel. The new organization seems more prone to sit tight and take what falls to them. It's a buyers market and so I've moved my asking price down even further.

Now I'm looking at a trade with either Cleveland or Oakland - and all I'm asking is a second and a third. So still using Cleveland as an example, they would get 1-1 in exchange for 1-4, 2-35 and 3-71.

At 1-4 I take Khalil Mack.

I then take 2-35 and 3-71 and trade back up into the first, somewhere around #20. I use this pick to take Stephon Tuitt.

At this point, 2-33 will probably be a hot item - first pick on the second day after everyone has time to think. I want to trade this pick for a high third.

My second round pick then becomes Donte Montcrief (I hope he's still there - he's moving up the boards).

I then use the acquired third to try and move back up into the second to pick up either Skov or Smallwood.

At 3-95 I take Ju'wuan James, who'll be moving back up the boards after his combine performance.

At 4-97 I take Carrethers (only if I don't think he'll be available at 5-129)

With these picks I've got my new improved front seven, adding Mack at SAM OLB, Tuitt at weak side DE, Skov or Smallwood next to Cushing and Carrethers as our new big man to anchor the middle.

In addition I've added a great WR and a RT to compete for playing time.

This is a lot of wheeling and dealing. Is it possible to pull off? Later I'll come up with some variation assuming no trades at all. There is a very high probability that no trade, at least at 1-1, will actually be our situation. But for now, I'm just dreaming.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote