Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2625
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
To add to that, the 10 GW drives and 4th quarter comebacks is just a stat. It doesn't tell the whole story, and any Texans fan who watched the Seattle game this year should know it wasn't Wilson winning that game for them. Who made the game tying TD to send it to OT? How many drives did the Seahawks have before they scored a FG to win the game?

Another one of the games you cite was the infamous "Simultaneous Catch" game against Green Bay. Several of those other games were Lynch TDs and Hauschka FGs. 2 of the games he didn't even have a TD, but he was the QB so he gets the credit. Details like that get overlooked when simply looking at stat lines.
Well I agree details sometimes get overlooked. I'd say putting the Texans v. Seahawks game all on Sherman is overlooking that they were in position to tie the game because Wilson took the offense on his shoulders and gashed the Texans with his legs in the 2nd half. Lynch getting the 3 yd TD and getting all the credit is missing just as many details.

Anyway, we can just agree to disagree. I see more than game manager in Wilson.