Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2608
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm not digging two years into my post history but you're welcome to do it if you wish. I never said I had him rated as a high first round pick. I had him rated near the end of the 1st round.

You're the one talking about other people's ratings=better prospect. You put that on yourself. I didn't mean that as a personal shot at you. I meant that as a way of saying that my rankings are sometimes different than what other people's are. Most people did not have Wilson as a 1st round talent. I did.

I judge prospects on my own and try not to let other people's opinions guide me. If that means I'm way wrong sometimes then so be it.

I value QBs who don't need much work mentally to make the jump from college to the pros. That's why I was high on Wilson and it's why I'm high on Bridgewater.
I absolutely didn't take any of this as a personnel shot. This is the best conversation of what Manziels value is/should be I have seen in this thread. If anyone did see Wilson's value/success I would believe it was you. I just don't remember ANYONE saying so that year.

I don't understand how you say you had Wilson rated as a late first round pick in a draft not as deep as this one yet Manziel is rated a high first his year but still you say Wilson is higher rated than Manziel coming out.