Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2599
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If Wilson was in this class I would rate the top four like this: Bridgewater, Wilson, Bortles, Manziel.

Why?

I had Wilson rated as a 1st rounder and I'd have him rated higher this year. The only questions about Wilson were height, frame, and dedication to football.

His height wasn't an issue to me. Obviously I wouldn't mind if he had been taller but his height didn't affect his game. His line at Wisconsin was the tallest in the country and he still found passing lanes better than anyone else in the country. OL are so big and tall now that pretty much only a handful of QBs in the league can see over the tops of their heads. Everybody has to find the lane.

His frame was a legitimate question mark. Could he hold up against injury? This was pretty much the only knock I had on him.

His dedication to football wasn't an issue to me. He always showed up exactly when he said he was going to and outworked everybody. After his final season of baseball he said he was giving it up and focusing on football. I believed him so I struck this off the list.

Yes, by me. Not by people who use ESPN to rank prospects.

I challenge anyone to provide a link from Wilson's draft year proving that they had Wilson rated as a high first round pick.

Also don't see why you would presume I use ESPN to rank prospects. I have been here for years doing this and have always gone against the media hype machine. In fact I really like Wilson a lot as a developmental QB. Which is what most of the better draftniks here did. Do not remember anyone claiming he was a high first round pick under any condition.