View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #584
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Dude, but what the heck is there to like about Ryan Mallet that makes him worth a 2nd round pick in a trade? I'm willing to bet that more backup QBs have fallen on their faces than carried their team to greatness. I'm talking since the inception of the NFL here, too, and not just cherry picking a few here and there.

I haven't heard a single righteous answer except for a small OB connection and he's a part of the Hoody Tribe. To me the guy is Jimmy Clausen, except without the snaps.
you can take the word "backup" out of the bolded and it would STILL be true. Numerically speaking, there's a very small subset of QBs, starter or backup, "since the inception of the NFL", that have ever "carried their team to greatness".

Bottom line: Every trade is a roll of the dice. Either you feel like rolling the dice or you don't.

Personally, I'd rather see O'Brien coach up who we have and use our picks to shore up other positions and make the team, as a whole, stronger.

But that's just me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote