Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2582
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
By who? Me? Wilson. By the guy you quoted in projecting Wilson as a potential career backup? Probably not Wilson.

By you? Manziel.

Btw, I will be interested to hear your explanation of how Manziel is a better prospect than Wilson.
He certainly has a higher potential ceiling than Wilson. Everything Dutchrudder said about Wilson is true. Overrated. He's not exactly Trent Dilfer, but he is a not risky QB who will make mistakes for your team. And on a run and defense oriented team that's absolutely fine. We saw them ride that to a ring this year. Can't argue with Super Bowls.

Manziel is a playmaker, no question about it. He is however a massive risk taker. The question is, can he translate that playmaking ability into the NFL without committing turnovers all the time? If he can, championship. If he can't, bust. All it takes is one team to think the boom factor is worth the bust risk and take him in the top ten.

At this point Cleveland is looking for a miracle and a savior, so I can't think of a more fitting pick than Manziel.