Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2576
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think the baseball thing was also a big knock on Russell Wilson. If there was any question that he was going to the MLB instead of the NFL, then he immediately gets dropped off your board. There are only 7 rounds in the NFL, you gotta make your picks count, so prospects with dual-sport capability and the obvious interest in the other sport need to be scrutinized more. Clearly Wilson convinced an MLB team believe in his willingness to play baseball enough that they drafted him in the 4th round. That's a pretty high pick in a draft that lasts 50 rounds.

As a player, the MLB is much more lucrative due to the length of your career, and as a person it is much easier on your body. I think anyone with any concern for themselves and their family should choose the MLB and NBA over the NFL. It's really a no-brainer if you can compete at the top level of either sport. If I were a GM, I would be very concerned about fighting over a player who may go to the MLB, and I sure as hell wouldn't spend a 1st round pick unless I knew for certain he would choose my team over the Rockies.
I totally agree with all of this. However even without the baseball and height questions he would not be considered in the same class as Manziel as a prospect. JMO.