Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2574
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't look to knock Manziel's game, the negatives are there in the game tape for everyone to see. I've commended him on his positives and pointed out his negatives. I see more negatives than positives as far as an NFL prospect.

You were the guy that posted:

Yeah, you aren't biased.

I loved Wilson when he was in college. I probably wouldn't have known enough to love his game if I weren't an ACC guy and had a chance to watch him play when there was little incentive to watch his team (NCState). Anyone could see that he, if he could overcome the height issue, was going to be an efficient passer.

Why aren't people all that concerned with Manziel's ability to overcome height, but were of Russell Wilson? Clearly, Wilson's success has had a very positive impact on Manziel's prospects. To not see that is strange.

I also don't get the whole "you wouldn't have wanted him at 1st overall" thing. Would anyone have taken him over Luck? I still wouldn't and I love Wilson. As far as this draft, I would definitely be interested in him over all the available QBs. Having said that, I saw him play at least a full season of games more than I have seen of Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel. So, naturally that opinion is going to be at least a little biased.

Anyway, explain to me why Manziel is a better prospect than Wilson? How is he a better passer than Wilson in his college days? I would love to hear that argument.
If Wilson was coming out in THIS draft who would be the higher rated QB?