Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2571
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You are the one that's biased. You don't think he's worthy of number one so you look to knock his game. I'm actually leaning towards taking Robinson first overall. I like Manziel but he scares the hell out of me. If Wilson were in this draft and you wouldn't want him number one either. Bet you would have Manziel rated higher though.

This crap about Wilson being such a great prospect is just that, crap. He had plenty of good traits but wasn't deemed worthy of a first or even a second round pick by all 32 teams and was passed again in the third round by 9 of those teams again. Manziel WILL be a high first round pick most assuredly a top ten pick. And it's not because Wilson paved the way for him. It's because he's a better prospect than Wilson was period.
I don't look to knock Manziel's game, the negatives are there in the game tape for everyone to see. I've commended him on his positives and pointed out his negatives. I see more negatives than positives as far as an NFL prospect.

You were the guy that posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Don't see teddy interviewing well.
Reporter- Teddy, what do you need to improve on?
Teddy - gets and dumbfounded look on face, then answers with a confused tone, "uh-nothing".

Yeh just not seeing it. Manziel on the other hand, well he's going to blow everyone away. He's got personality, confidence and swagger that sets him apart from any other top prospect in this draft.
Yeah, you aren't biased.

I loved Wilson when he was in college. I probably wouldn't have known enough to love his game if I weren't an ACC guy and had a chance to watch him play when there was little incentive to watch his team (NCState). Anyone could see that he, if he could overcome the height issue, was going to be an efficient passer.

Why aren't people all that concerned with Manziel's ability to overcome height, but were of Russell Wilson? Clearly, Wilson's success has had a very positive impact on Manziel's prospects. To not see that is strange.

I also don't get the whole "you wouldn't have wanted him at 1st overall" thing. Would anyone have taken him over Luck? I still wouldn't and I love Wilson. As far as this draft, I would definitely be interested in him over all the available QBs. Having said that, I saw him play at least a full season of games more than I have seen of Bridgewater, Bortles, and Manziel. So, naturally that opinion is going to be at least a little biased.

Anyway, explain to me why Manziel is a better prospect than Wilson? How is he a better passer than Wilson in his college days? I would love to hear that argument.