Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2570
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You are the one that's biased. You don't think he's worthy of number one so you look to knock his game. I'm actually leaning towards taking Robinson first overall. I like Manziel but he scares the hell out of me. If Wilson were in this draft and you wouldn't want him number one either. Bet you would have Manziel rated higher though.

This crap about Wilson being such a great prospect is just that, crap. He had plenty of good traits but wasn't deemed worthy of a first or even a second round pick by all 32 teams and was passed again in the third round by 9 of those teams again. Manziel WILL be a high first round pick most assuredly a top ten pick. And it's not because Wilson paved the way for him. It's because he's a better prospect than Wilson was period.
One other thing you're not taking into account in why Wilson slid as far as he did is his departure in the middle of his college career to go play minor league baseball. Even though he came back to Wisconsin for 1 year after all that & had an outstanding season, scouts still weren't absolutely sure about his commitment to the game. No team would've spent a 1st or even 2nd on him without being absolutely sure he was committed to football.

his height by far though was the biggest hinderance in why he wasn't even looked at in the 1st or 2nd.