Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2569
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Wilson is only a good QB on a great team who's got potential to get much better?
I happen to think Russell Wilson is the most overrated QB in the NFL right now.

It's not that he's not a good player, but he just isn't a risk taker during games. He's more prone to throw away the ball when he doesn't see anything open, or take off for the sidelines. That's what gets him such a great passer rating, but his QB rating doesn't tell the whole story. He's a great QB to have on a defense oriented team, because he won't lose games for you by turning the ball over, but he will leave a lot of points on the field by not getting the ball in the end zone. He's a good asset, but he's not a top 10 QB in the league, and I don't think he ever will be.

On the other side of the coin, JFF takes a lot of risks, with his arm and his legs. He's a gambler on the field, he loves to try to squeeze the ball into tight spaces, toss it up for his receivers, or take off and try to run for a long first down. Sometimes it works, and it makes for some great highlight reels, but sometimes it backfires and he ends up turning the ball over. That kind of playstyle will get you in trouble more often than not in the NFL, which is why I'm not too high on him this draft. I'm just a bit more conservative in what I want to see from a QB, and I don't think I would want to see JFF slinging it into double coverage on Sundays.