Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014   #2557
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Assumption, not even close. Wilson's height (which nobody is asserting was the "only reason") was the biggest reason he slid. For example:

Link

Wilson's success is also well documented to have benefited Manziel. Once again, not the "only" reason.

Take the two phenomenon - Wilson moved down due to height, and Manziel moved up due to Wilson's success - and remove them and it isn't unfair to opine they would be much closer to one another than the apparent draft disparity indicates, possibly even in direct competition.
Don't buy it but Fare enough. Take draft-ability out of the equation. Was Wilson ever even in the talks as The best player on college football? Was he even considered in the running for the heisman?

I guess a better more fair question would be, if he played the last two seasons, same season as Manziel, would he have been in the running for the heisman or considered one of the top QB's in this class?

Sorry don't see it. I love what he has accomplished in the nfl but that doesn't change who he was in college.