View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014   #272
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Jake Matthews now #1

I really got into the draft thing in high school,which was 86-90. Even though I played basketball,a lot of my friends were football players going to big time programs. We used to talk about the draft as they got further in their collge careers.

As I progressed and have stated,the combine is just part of the process. To me and and to my friends who are scouts and used to be scouts, no player rises or falls more than 1/2 a round at best. What the combine does is make u go back to the tape one way or the other. Scouts want to see if it matches either way.

Wth the social media and internet,everyone has a board,lol. Everyone claims you don't draft for need,but bpa. That's all in the eye of the beholder. Teams set up their board vertcal and horizontal. My board may look totally different from another guys and bpa is relative. I mean, no team truly takes bpa according to public. Its what the organization sees as bpa,that's all that matters.

In terms of matthews,I think he's gonna be a good pro. I think he's a technician and that will help him when most battles. If I'm stl and its between he and robinson,I take robinson? Why? He's more power in a division of power. When you have to block those fronts in the nfc west, a power tackle like robinson makes a lot more sense.