View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McGinn on 2014 NFL

cont'd...
Quote:
Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin: 5-11, 248. Fifth-year senior. "I love him...love him," said one scout. "Only thing that gets him in trouble is his length (29 arms). I made a mistake on a guy named Sam Mills, OK? And this guy is (taller) than Sam Mills. He is better than Chris Spielman coming out. That running back from Ohio State (Carlos Hyde), he jacked him up twice on the goal line. My problem with him is his hamstring and groin problem. He has had those. Is height going to be an issue? Yes, but this guy has great instincts. For a linebacker, that's what you have to have." Scored 32 on the Wonderlic. "He's a hell of a college football player, and some guys think he can be a good pro," another scout said. "Some don't. He's short and has short (expletive) arms. He's instinctive as hell. He plays his (expletive) off. But what's his pro up side?"

Bradley Roby*, CB, Ohio State: 5-10, 190. Fourth-year junior. "He or (Darqueze) Dennard go first," one scout said, referring to the cornerbacks. "I question a little bit his stuff off the field. You've got to do more homework on him. But he's an explosive, fast player." Character questions cloud his status. "He's the most talented (cornerback) but he's totally undependable for me," said another scout. "Something's missing with him. When you talk about quickness, speed, athletic ability, change of direction, he's got all that. Then he just gets beat every game. It's mental. Some guys just don't have a feel for it. He just plays that way."

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State: 5-11, 190. Senior. "He knows how to play," one scout said. "He's a good player and Roby's not. Roby's a better athlete. Dennard will get overdrafted, because he's not a true cover guy. He grabs and holds all the time. I'm not sure he's going to be able to get away with that." Played almost exclusively press-man coverage. "He has great ball skills," another scout said. "I'm worried about two things: durability and how fast he is. He's had some concussions and shoulder problems, and that affects his tackling sometimes."

Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State: 5-11, 195. Senior. "He's very perplexing to me," said one scout. "Big knock on him is ball skills. He's a big, long athlete that can run. He didn't play real well last year. They were even going to bench him because of inconsistent play. I just don't think he sees the ball real well. He has first-round talent but he's just up and down." The track record of Oklahoma State CBs in the NFL isn't stellar. "Gilbert gets beat all the time," a second scout said. "He's got some interception production, but when you see the picks they're not really legitimate ones."

Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech: 5-111/2, 189. Senior. "He's the best pure cover corner," said one scout. "He'll hit you and plays tough. He's had a history of injuries." Missed about a month with a groin injury late last season. "Little thin but a good football player," another scout said. "Second round."

Jason Verrett, CB, Texas Christian: 5-9, 175. Senior. "I love him but I'm just worried about his size," one scout said. "Hell of a player. He's been healthy. Tough. He's a little bit like the guy from Connecticut (Darius Butler) that the Patriots took, but he's tougher than Butler. I saw some bigger guys run by him deep. Just out-sized him. Hell of a kid. Everything's positive about him. He has first-round talent but there's no way I would draft him there."

Bashaud Breeland*, CB, Clemson: 6-0, 190. Fourth-year junior. "Second round," said one scout. "Good size. Long arms. Good speed. A still-developing type player with starter-type ability." Added another scout: "Kind of a raw speed guy. Second or third (round)."

Calvin Pryor*, S, Louisville: 6-1, 210. Third-year junior. "He'll go in the same range as Clinton-Dix 15 to 25," one scout said. "Some will like Pryor better. Little bit more physical than Clinton-Dix. Really good athlete. Solid smarts. He'll run 4.55. There's really two good safeties. The rest could play, but they're just down the line." Another scout agreed that Clinton-Dix and Pryor were the top two safeties but said drafting Pryor at 21 would be a reach. "He's like a tough guy, box safety, hitter," the second scout said. "Coverage is a little suspect. Misses a lot of tackles."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote