Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014   #176
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 237890 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Evaluation is a funny thing. 1 expert says he has proven himself and will be in the first.
30 year NFL scout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Another says 2/3 of his throws were ugly. How does that make any sense?
2 of 3 throws in the long pass drill were poor today.

My knock on McCarron has been arm strength and long ball. It looks to me his passes hold speed for ~15 yards or so. Maybe more than that, though, I have trouble recalling "plus" plays/"wow" moments. 2nd round for WCO/Shanny -- Kubiak would love him, imo.

SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar
Quote:
A.J. McCarron has what I'd call a "box of excellence" that goes out to the numbers on either side, and about 30 yards upfield. Nothing more.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote