View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014   #337
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis February 19-24, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
He didn't run a lot of routes over the middle at Clemson. I would play him outside and play AJ in the slot. AJ has lost a step so you can take advantage of his size and route running ability in the slot a lot like Baltimore and San Francisco did with Boldin the last few years.
Either way, his presence inside or outside creates a mismatch that favors our offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _King_ View Post
Not saying you're implying this, but if you take Watkins at 1.1 Hopkins is likely the third WR.

Not saying when all three are on the field Watkins wouldn't be the slot guy, but I'd doubt it.
I think you put whoever is best at each position at that position. Your #3 best receiver isn't automatically the guy you want in the slot.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote