View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014   #338
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Martin v. Incognito: [update] Wells Report released

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
It wouldn't matter if it were at a party or not. If martin feels uncomfortable a around people that will be at a party then he shouldn't go to the party.
That's fine. What if he feels uncomfortable around people that will be at his workplace? Should he just not go to work?

Quote:
I believe in letting the players police their own locker room as they see fit. Why is it everybody from the GM/OL coaches/Position group didn't take up for Martin?
Looks like there wasn't much policing going on at all. I prefer that players police their own but if nobody will step up and be a leader then that falls on the staff to fill the void. Looks to me like the whole organization failed to provide leadership. Hmm I wonder why they have only had two winning seasons out of the last ten..

Quote:
It really comes down to $$$$. When Martin came out as a draft prospect part of the reason he fell was because he was considered not tough enough and he was somewhat of a locker room lawyer that was only playing for the $$$$.

Come to find out his parents were lawyers and he's going to get paid after walking out on his team. Exactly as some scouts predicted and the main reasons Martin fell from a 1st rd talent to a 2nd rd pick.
Feel free to provide any proof of those assertions. Here are links to the top scouting reports that google brought up:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...onathan-martin
Quote:
He does flash some attitude on the field, but is far from a bully. Martin was named first team All-Pac-10 in 2010 and first-team All Pac-12 in 2011.....Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012jmartin.php
Quote:
Strengths:...Can play with a mean streak
http://www.optimumscouting.com/ranki...-stanford.html
Quote:
As the protector of Andrew Luck's blindside, he was prone to scrutiny had he allowed any defenders to hurt the quarterback prodigy. Martin handled this pressure incredibly well both on and off the field and scouts love his football intelligence and willingness to work hard....He is coachable and has a true desire to be the best....He is one of the leaders along a very talented offensive line and is well respected by his teammates and coaches. Coaches have talked about how much of a quality person he is in the locker room and the great attitude he brings to the team....Martin brings a work ethic that seemed to be infectious across Stanford's offensive line and has the on field attitude you like in your tackle. He also brings a special toughness and has played well through some minor injuries. His teammates say he has a true desire to be the best at his position....
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...-decision.html
Quote:
A scout who was most familiar with Martin was brought in and asked to go over the scouting report. And the file was clean. Martin was described as Andrew Luck's blindside protector, as smart, as a potentially good locker room guy and as a tough player.
I think you get the point. Maybe next time actually read up on something instead of just making stuff up and hoping it sticks. The reason Martin fell in the draft was because he wasn't yet strong enough in pass protection to be a LT and didn't have the upper body strength that most coaches look for in a RT, so he was graded by most teams as an OG with the potential to move back outside to OT after getting some NFL coaching.

I also love the double standard that you have created between Martin and Jadeveon Clowney (albeit in another section of the forum). Suppose Martin was just "in it for the money" as you hypothesize. Why is that an issue but it's not an issue when Clowney tanks his final year at South Carolina to "protect himself so he can support his family"? I get lost in all of your spin so you'll have to spell it out for me when it is okay to be in it for the money and when it is not.

Quote:
Example, on the Texans Winston was tough, but he was always thinking about his post media career instead of concentrating on the only reason people would care about what Eric Winston would think. (PLAYING FOOTBALL) He was also known as as clubhouse lawyer. I wouldn't want that kinda guy on my team. I want a guy where football comes 1st. Obviously Martin isn't that guy. Neither is Antonio Smith. IMHO
I have no problem with this statement. But none of that has anything to do with the Incognito/Martin situation.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote