View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014   #21
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82163 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 2014 Preview - CBS EYE-on-Footall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't believe that. I know we look at these other teams with "great" QBs & we're totally envious.

But we looked pretty good with Matt Schaub for a good while there. Maybe we never got to the Super Bowl with him, but neither did the Lions with Stafford, or Atlanta with Ryan... & they only recently won a play-off game, granted they got to the NFC Championship game, but that success disappeared as quickly as ours did.

I still believe had he not broke his foot, we'd have been in the Super Bowl in 2011, on the back of Arian Foster & that young, hungry defense.

Don't get me wrong, if OB feels that Bridgewater is a franchise QB, I hope like hell we get him. But if we can't run the ball..... if our defense don't contribute to wins... we'll be Dallas, or St. Louis, or Detroit, or San Diego, or Arizona, or last year's Steelers.

It's still a team game.
Of course it's a team game, but the quarterback more than any other position in football can win or lose you games. There have certainly been seasons where guys like Brady and Manning have carried the entire team on their shoulders (2013 Pats, 2010 Colts) and others where awful QB has doomed teams even if there is talent at other positions (2011 Colts, 2012 Chiefs, 2013 Texans). I would love a great QB but we have to have someone that at least doesn't lose us games and can put us in a spot to win.