View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014   #46
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28118 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 1st First Round Mock Draft of 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cassel was horrible .... I'd rather stick with Keenum & Yates over anyone on that list.
Cassel would not be the STARTER, but would compete with the other two who are left. If he wins the job, so be it.

I wouldn't mind bringing Schaub back as the veteran at near the veteran minimum, but we need to get his future cap issue resolved and this is best done by cutting him and resigning him. I think he is much better than he showed last year, but he needs an improved OL.

Duane Brown LT
Chris Meyer C
Derek Newton RT
Jon Weeks LS
Brandon Brooks G
Ben Jones C
Brennan Williams RT
Cody White G
Alex Kupper G
David Quessenberry LT

These are under contract.

Wade Smith RG FA
Ryan Harris OT FA

White and Kupper were the last men on a team struggling at protection. I wouldn't make long term plans if I were them.

Newton might go due to a combination of on field and cap considerations.

D Brown and J Weeks seem secure and C Meyers probably is as well.

It will be interesting to see if this group impresses the staff enough to avoid help in the draft or if they will upgrade. I'd really like to know how the IR players (Williams and Quessenberry) from last year are doing right now. Suggestions are all over the board and it's hard to tell what's spin (a palatable lie and not to be confused with mere perspective) and what is the truth.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote