View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BL 1st First Round Mock Draft of 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It's very possible that Greg Robinson will be the highest rated player on the Texans board as well majority of NFL teams when all is said & done. Raw talent with huge upside who demonstrated exceptional growth as player in one short season. He is a devastating power blocker, with long arms, massive lower body strength, in all the tape I watched was beaten only once & had no impact on the game or play. If Texans stay true to their draft board he in fact should be at the top. He would start on the right side, learn the ropes, develop then eventually replace Duane Brown left tackle. In the meantime OL woes are solved. Rams are just hoping Texans don't trade down so a team could move up & take him. Everybody is talking Clowney & the QB's, some Watkins but this kid makes the most sense, he is just such a riser & late bloomer.

Would like some feedback in regards to proposition of selecting Greg Robinson 1st overall.
His draft grade #2 rated overall on most boards suggests at least from BPA standpoint he will be in discussion. The gap between him & Matthews will probably widen, post combine in the ALL underwear competition, but also expect him to look really fluid in drills & larger in measurements. If Clowney cannot interview well or questions remain about his health, he could slide just enough that Robinson could overtake him as consensus #1 overall prospect. I know this he will be rated higher than last years #1 overall draft pick, Eric Fisher as Joeckel was rated higher than his teammate Jake Matthews as a LT prospect.
If he's the highest ranked player on their board and he definitely fills a need, why would they pass him up? And I like the idea of him taking over for Duane Brown if/when necessary. I'd only pass on him for Matthews or Clowney. ...and Clowney's a maybe because DE isn't as big a need as RT is IMHO.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote