Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014   #2304
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You know better than this. I have a long record of disdain for IF arguments across the board dating to long before Manziel graduated HS.
It is true though, and you know it. If another QB in this draft had gone on record saying the same thing, it would have been received much differently. Why? Well it's obviously because of Manziel's colored past, and because of that people that already have a negative view on him have taken his quote as a very bad thing.

Thats not to say the opposite isn't just as true, because it is. On the Aggie boards I frequent everyone is praising Manziel for his recent interview and making it seem like his recent words are from holy scripture.

With a player like Manziel, everything will be blow of of proportion whether for good or bad. Players like Bortles and Bridgewater don't have the same national exposure as Manziel, therefore less strong opinions have been formed on them. At this point in his career Manziel is more than just another high first round prospect; he is one of the most popular athletes in America.

I dare you to find anyone out there that absolutely hates Bortles or Bridgewater; probably not going to happen because although many may discount their play, I doubt there is anyone out there that has the same strong feelings towards them as people that many do towards Manziel.